Covid-19 Pandemic: The most popular topic of discussion nowadays… come see what it’s all about.
Covid-19 Pandemic… Let’s talk about it. It’s an infectious disease caused with no known cure (for now). COVID-19 has infected hundreds of thousands, killed tens of thousands, and affected the lives of people all over the world. This is the first global pandemic that many people are experiencing in their lifetime, including all of us stoners who were really looking forward to a whole month of 4/20 activities this year!!
First off, please be mindful of CDC guidelines during this time, stay home and adhere to the social distancing measures that are being advised by the government and other local and worldwide health authorities.
Thankfully, states (with legal cannabis) have deemed cannabis businesses as “essential” and not made those businesses lockdown like many other companies during this time.
Kashmir Rolling Papers would like to encourage you to continue to support your local dispensaries and cannabis retail shops and to take advantage of curbside delivery or other pick up/to-go types of services in order to minimize contact with others. We can still partake responsibly and be mindful of social distancing while purchasing cannabis products! And once you get your cannabis..go home and STAY THERE.
So with that being said, what’s a quarantined stoner supposed to do??? You have weeks on end at home in the COVID-19 quarantine or lockdown but you still want to enjoy your cannabis products and the cannabis community. I have pieced together some options for activities to do, online communities and events, and cannabis centric products that can help you stay calm and weather this wild time.
Now let’s get into the fun stuff!
1. Looking to try out a home grow? Get some starter tips by Leafly here. Cultivating your own cannabis is SO rewarding in so many ways, and now you can finally take the time to set up that closet or a grow tent. Also, since it’s spring, this is the best time to start planning or plotting an outdoor garden as well.
2. If you’re not the gardening type, how about working on those pre roll skills? Rolling a joint is something that many stoners don’t do, or don’t do well. Now would be a perfect time to brush up on your rolling! Not into joints, check out these steps for easy breezy blunt rolling!
3. Tokeativity, The Global Feminist Community for Active Cannabis Culture, hosts community events across the globe that focus on empowerment, cannabis normalization and consumption culture through creative, social, political, and feminist forward activities in local chapters across the globe.
What’s also great is that their wildly popular social events have moved online! But wait, there’s more! Tokeativity offers virtual smoke seshes for you and your friends. Sign up for their Connect platform and you will have a live studio, forums, and all the event details at your fingertips.
4. Giveaways…we all love them and they are a great way to boost your engagement on social media! With that being said, Katsu Seeds are giving away a 3-pack of seeds EVERY SINGLE DAY to Katsu Club members until the national coronavirus lockdown is over.
All you need to do is 1) Be a Katsu Club Member; 2) Make sure you check your email every day – they will be emailing the winner in the morning; 3) If the winner doesn’t respond, the unclaimed pack will be given away to the next winner.
5. If you’ve never had, or made edibles…now’s your chance! Create some edible masterpieces, using Bong Appétit: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Weed. Along the way, the book hits on marijuana politics, dosage, and pairing strains and flavors, and has tips from MUNCHIES vast network of friends and experts.
6. If you’re looking to spice things up, maybe think about using cannabis-infused sex products (yes, that’s really a thing)!! Take a look at people are saying here.
7. We all know about Netflix…but have you heard about the latest Netflix Party? If not, it’s a new way to watch Netflix with your friends online. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite shows. Watching together and live chatting has never been simpler!
8. Get your creative juices flowing with Bob Ross! If you don’t know who he is…you need to stop what you’re doing and google him NOW. Coming back to Bob, puffing and painting can be a very fun activity for anyone involved. Plenty of artists have been inspired by weed. You could be one of them and not even know it!
9. Marijuana games are truly a great way to bring people together. They are fun, usually free, and they can lead to legitimate bonding if done right. Here are ten games that you really should try.
Never Have I Ever: Same way the game has always been played, but with one twist. When you have done the “never have I ever” action, you take a hit of bud.
Bong Pong: Exactly like beer pong except that you commemorate successful shots with a toke instead of a drink. It’s much better.
Hold Your Smoke: For hold your smoke to work best, you need a fairly sizable group of people. It’s a simple game. Circle up, and start puff, puff, passing. The idea is to hold your smoke until the joint comes back to you. If you don’t manage it, you’re out.
Jenga with a Twist: Just like regular Jenga, except the pieces have instructions written on them. Each time you remove a block, you read the inscription and do what it says. Generally, the instructions are smoking-related.
Cards Against Humanity: Technically this doesn’t have to be a cannabis game, but a little bit of green fortification will help to open up your creativity.
The Quintessential Drinking Game. But With Cannabis: One of the most prominent drinking game is to watch a movie, and take a shot anytime characters use a certain phrase. Naturally, this is a game that works well with pot as well. For added fun, try watching a stoner flick while you do it.
Marijuana Related Board Games: There are lots of pot-related board games out there that will make a perfect accompaniment that might help you make the most of your gathering.
Non-Marijuana Related Board Games: The game doesn’t have to be about pot to be fun. Even Monopoly can be a good time when you’ve got good friends and good kush around. But good luck choosing a banker.
Would You Rather: The questions will start to get pretty creative. You can count on that.
Twister: A little bit of pot will make Twister feel a whole lot less awkward.
10. Smoking inside and chilling on the couch all the time can lead to stoner laziness. And that’s just a cliche. So, instead, why not get active? Hit a blunt or two, take a fat bong rip, or dab out. Then, do something active that you enjoy, such as Yoga or going for a run.
The long days and warm evenings make combining cannabis with getting active one of the best stoner activities for spring and summer. And, yes. We fully agree that grinding up a bunch of weed counts as an awesome arm workout. Now…take a good rip, get up, and get moving!
For more great blog posts, click here!